Raw Avocado Kale Pesto with Zucchini Noodles
4 medium zucchini
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
3-4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
1/2 cup pine nuts plus some for garnish
1 small bunch kale, de-stemmed and torn into small pieces (about 1 BIG handful)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
pinch Himalayan salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Spiralize the zucchini. Set aside in a colander to drain excess liquid)
2. Start food processor running. Drop cloves of garlic in, one at a time.
3. Add avocado, olive oil, nutritional yeast, pine nuts and lemon juice. Pulse until blended.
4. Add kale and plus until kale is well chopped and incorporated.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then toss with the zucchini noodles and tomatoes.
*Chef’s note: Be careful of the source of your pine nuts. Some contain nuts that are not digestible and can cause problems. Please do your research and make sure you are getting your nuts from a good source.